Do you want to use your skills to fight climate change and positively impact the communities we live in? OhmConnect, the leader in consumer energy services, is seeking a motivated and passionate Senior Software Engineer to apply software development principles to create a world class solution that reimagines how people use energy.
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and third party integrations.
OhmConnect was founded to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets. We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
Our products encompass:
● Consumer facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
● Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, chargers, water heaters, etc.
● Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
● Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets.
● Design, develop, test and deploy new code.
● Perform peer code review, mentor junior developers.
● Implement application monitoring tools and proactively monitor application performance.
● Prioritize and manage development and issue resolution activities.
● Participate in our agile development process - regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1's.
● Work on many aspects of our stack: Python, Flask,MySQL, Celery, AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, Redshift, S3, SQS, SES, etc), Ubuntu, Apache, Redis, Git, Jira.
● Must have previous experience designing web applications.
● Strong knowledge of Python, Ruby, or PHP.
● Solid understanding of database interactions in SQL.
● Solid OOP and software design knowledge - you should know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
● Experience integrating with iOT APIs, libraries and services.
● Dedication to writing clean, robust code with good unit test coverage.
● Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development.
● Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
● Independent, results-oriented mindset.
● Enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment.
● Desire for a career that makes an impact.
● 5+ years software development experience preferred.
● A competitive salary based on experience.
● Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
● Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C- level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
● Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
● Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.