Digsite is seeking a full-stack developer to join our team for a remote or on-site hire in Madison, WI. Our ideal candidate is a Ruby on Rails developer with 5+ years relevant experience and flexibility to take on a variety of roles depending on the immediate needs of the team and platform. Additional skills include working knowledge of AWS/NginX and solid familiarity with React or another JS MVC framework.
Your primary focus will be working on a Rails 4.2 / Rails 5 application with a Postgresql database. You should be comfortable writing object-oriented code and working with the full stack.
* Write and maintain readable, reusable and reliable Ruby code
* Integration of user-facing elements using HAML, ERB, and Coffeescript
* Integrate with data stores using Postgres and Redis
* Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization with the assistance of Code Climate
* Work closely with design, customer success and testing team to ensure quality user experiences
* Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
* Experience with JS MVC framework such as React
* Working knowledge of AWS / Elastic Beanstalk / NginX stack
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
* Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as HAML, ERB and SLIM
* Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, we use SASS
* Ability to engage in a TDD environment using RSpec
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, we use Git and a standard Gitflow model
* Previous experience in a fast-paced, changing start-up environment is a bonus
* US Citizen or permanent US work authorization required
* Base salary commensurate with experience
* PTO and paid company holidays
* Company health insurance plan
* Digsite is fast-growing company and an emerging leader in agile qualitative market research. We work with leading brands, including Dannon, Sub-Zero, American Family Insurance, Sony Interactive and more.
* You will be part of an innovative company with an exciting vision – To make it faster and easier for companies to build better consumer driven innovations.
* You’ll be a part of the collaborative team where your thoughts and ideas make a significant impact on the business
Digsite’s mission is to be the leader in delivering agile market insights. Companies today need better ways to engage and iterate with their customers as they build new products, marketing programs, and customer experiences! The Digsite platform allows marketers to identify a group of target consumers and quickly collaborate with them to learn as they build new solutions. The user experience of our platform looks and feels familiar – like the social media sites people use everyday on their smart phones, tablets and computers. However, Digsite offers unique functionality to make it fast and easy to set-up, manage and get reporting, including tools to manage conversations, build surveys, mark-up images, capture video and more.