TeamSnap is seeking an experienced Android Engineer to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue developing our phenomenal product. We’re looking for critical thinkers who are excited to jump in and make an impact! We're looking for people with big ideas and tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
TeamSnap (www.teamsnap.com) is an award-winning mobile and web service for managing recreational and competitive sports teams and groups. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap has quickly become one of the fastest-growing team and group management solutions on the planet.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our employees instead of controlling them. We’ve been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work the last three years.
**What You’ll Be Doing**
As a strong Android developer (duh) you’ll generate creative ideas on how to harness the power of mobile apps to help players, coaches, group leaders and parents to interact with their sports teams and social groups. We’re committed to making it easy for them to manage their groups through our mobile app, and we want you to play a key role in defining our mobile game plan.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). While TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, Engineering is fully distributed. You must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
* Work on a product that people use and love
* While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
* We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
* We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
**Benefits and Perks**
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
* Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
* Wellness stipend of $50/mo
* Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
* Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
* Free TeamSnap swag
* Flexible PTO and vacation policy
**Diversity and Inclusion**
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
**Some things that are pretty important:**
* Very strong understanding of Java, Kotlin and Android development
* 7+years development experience
* Solid experience with common libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava and Dagger
* Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
* Deep architectural expertise on the Android platform and exposure to various design and architectural patterns
* Solid experience with the latest Android SDK’s; including Architecture Components
* Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store
* Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
* Experience with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
* Experience working on a self directed agile team
* Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed development team
* Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor and the willingness to do what's necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
Other things that are nice to have:
* Firebase and Firestore know how
* Exposure to automated build tools such as Jenkins.
* Experience with offline operation, caching strategies and data synchronization.
* Skilled in interfacing with API’s and third party libraries, including JSON REST API’s (take a look at https://developer.teamsnap.com)
* Ability to read and understand Ruby and Rails code (our back-end code)
* Be a parent, coach or participant in a recreational sport
* Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
* Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style