Forum: Ruby on Rails rjs toggle blind effect headache

Dave M (Guest)
I am trying to write a little rjs template that toggles a div.

Aha:

page[:div_id].toggle

I hear you cry, and yes it works, but what I am trying to do is the
equivalent of:

Effect.toggle('div_id', 'blind')

Can anybody tell me have to write this in a rjs template??

Any help great fully received.

David.
Chris H. (Guest)
according to:

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Help...

there is a toggle visual effect of :toggle_blind but it's a
scriptaculous helper, not a prototype helper. so try

page[:div_id].visual_effect(:toggle_blind)

or

page.visual_effect :toggle_blind, 'div_id'

if all else fails

page.call 'Effect.toggle', 'div_id', 'blind'

should do the trick.
David M. (Guest)
Many thanks, both of these worked:

> page.visual_effect :toggle_blind, 'div_id'
>
> page.call 'Effect.toggle', 'div_i

David,