Forum: Ruby Using openssl

Luke I. (Guest)
on 2007-03-02 23:12
I'm trying to run ruby extconf.rb in ext/openssl, and I get the
following:

=== OpenSSL for Ruby configurator ===
=== Checking for system dependent stuff... ===
checking for t_open() in -lnsl... no
checking for socket() in -lsocket... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for assert.h... yes
=== Checking for required stuff... ===
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
=== Checking for required stuff failed. ===
Makefile wasn't created. Fix the errors above.

I'm using Ubuntu 6.10... can anyone tell me what I can do to fix the
problems?  I have openssl installed via 'apt-get install openssl'

I don't even know what the first two are talking about at all (the
t_open and socket())
Luke I. (Guest)
on 2007-03-02 23:42
Luke I. wrote:
> I'm trying to run ruby extconf.rb in ext/openssl, and I get the
> following:
>
> === OpenSSL for Ruby configurator ===
> === Checking for system dependent stuff... ===
> checking for t_open() in -lnsl... no
> checking for socket() in -lsocket... no
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking for sys/time.h... yes
> checking for assert.h... yes
> === Checking for required stuff... ===
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
> === Checking for required stuff failed. ===
> Makefile wasn't created. Fix the errors above.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 6.10... can anyone tell me what I can do to fix the
> problems?  I have openssl installed via 'apt-get install openssl'
>
> I don't even know what the first two are talking about at all (the
> t_open and socket())

Answered my own question, at least
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev