From: David S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
To: seph 004 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Cc: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2007 7:15:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The shortest pulse length

On 3/1/07, seph 004 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

This is what I did:

def build_graph ():
    nchan = 1
    interp = 512
    duc0 = 0
    duc1 = 0
    fs = 250e3                                        #2nd sample rate
between usb and dac

    max_dev = 32e3                              #1st sample rate divided
by 4 (1st = 2nd sample rate)
    gain = 16e3
    k = 2 * math.pi * max_dev / fs
    vec1 = Numeric.arange (0.624, 0.656, 0.0000128)

    vsource = gr.vector_source_f(vec1, False)
    fmmod = gr.frequency_modulator_fc (k)
    amp = gr.multiply_const_cc(gain)

    fg = gr.flow_graph ()

    u = usrp.sink_c (0, interp, nchan)

    tx_subdev_spec = (1, 0) #usrp.pick_tx_subdevice(u)
    m = usrp.determine_tx_mux_value(u, tx_subdev_spec)
    u.set_mux(m)
    subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(u, tx_subdev_spec)
    subdev.set_enable(True)

    sample_rate = u.dac_freq () / interp
    u.set_tx_freq (0, duc0)
    u.set_tx_freq (1, duc1)

Are you trying to use one daughter boards(nchen=1)?   Why did you set
duc0 = 0?   that means your  frequency will not be set at all.  You do
not need to do set_tx_freq() twice if you are using one daughter board.
you only need :
u.set_tx_freq (0, duc0) where duc0 is some frequency.  Also, if you are
using the basic daughterboards, you need to make sure that you have the
output connector connect to TXA not TXB (according to your
tx_subdev_spec)

Hope this helped.

David
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:41:40AM -0800, seph 004 wrote:

> when I run the script. The problem is the pulse duration I'm seeing
> is much shorter (about 1/10) than what I expect.
>
> Regards
> Lance

Unless the total number of samples comes out to a multiple of 128,
some will left in the host buffer and not transmitted across the USB.
Try padding your vsource data with zeros to a multiple of 128.

Eric