Forum: Ruby recvfrom broken on mswin32?

(Guest)
>ruby -v

I'm also running on windows vista, but I don't know if this is an
issue on the overall mswin32-x86 platform.

I'm getting an error when trying to recvfrom on a TCP Socket.  The
code looks as follows:

listen_socket = TCPSocket.new("127.0.0.1",5000)
(data,host) = listen_socket.recvfrom( 1024 )

running this code (it's in my unit test) yields:

SocketError: getnameinfo: ai_family not supported.
    ./lib/juggernaut.rb:42:in `recvfrom'

Any idea why this might be occurring?  Is it due to something related
to IPv6 support?
(Guest)
Anybody out there?  I don't want this to get too buried.
Austin Z. (Guest)
> Anybody out there?  I don't want this to get too buried.

22 hours is not enough time to warrant a bump.

If you suspect a Ruby bug, I suggest raising the issue on ruby-core (a
lower traffic environment) or just filing a bug report on the
Rubyforge project.

-austin
Bram W. (Guest)
Okay, where is the ruby-core discussion?  I see a read-only forum on
ruby-form.org.
Austin Z. (Guest)
> Okay, where is the ruby-core discussion?  I see a read-only forum on
> ruby-form.org.

Try going to ruby-lang.org; you'll be introduced to the mailing lists.

-austin