Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Switching off 'abstract class'-switch in Gtk::Container

Martin Nordholts (Guest)
Hello,

I am implementing a custom ToolBox-container that is based on the code
from the Glade interface designer.

  class ToolBox < Gtk::Container
    # ...
  end

When I try to instantiate the class however, I get an 'abstract class
(TypeError)' error. Obviously this 'abstract class'-flag is internal to
GTK+ since abstract classes are not part of the Ruby-language.

So my question is, how do I properly switch this 'abstract class' flag
off in my ToolBox? Could this be a bug so that the best thing to do is
to try finding it in Ruby-GNOME2?

- Martin Nordholts

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:22:14AM +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>   class ToolBox < Gtk::Container
>     # ...
>   end
>
> When I try to instantiate the class however, I get an 'abstract class
> (TypeError)' error. Obviously this 'abstract class'-flag is internal to
> GTK+ since abstract classes are not part of the Ruby-language.

Do you have a call to type_register in your class definition?

Cheers,
Markus

Aha

Thanks, that fixed that problem.

- Martin

tis 2007-02-27 klockan 19:06 +0100 skrev Markus K.:

> ruby-gnome2-devel-en mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...