Forum: Radiant CMS [ANN] Launched my Radiant site

BJ Clark (Guest)
Hello all,
I've finally launched my first Radiant powered site.
http://www.scidept.com/

It's a portfolio site for my design business.
I'm hosting it on a slice host slice (the $20 jobber).
Nginx + Mongrel on Ubuntu.

I'm using Mental Branch. I'm using the RSS Reader and Mailer extensions.

Also, FWIW, I've got "Thickbox" and sIFR 3 going on there and it
validates XHTML and CSS (except for thickbox, none of those modal
windows validate because of the opacity stuff).

Hopefully you should see alot more out of me when it comes do
documentation. I just left a steady job (friday) to go back to
freelance so I have been desperate to get this out.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or anything, let me know. Just
thought you guys would like to see another live site.

BJ Clark
the science department
Sean C. (Guest)
Congrats, BJ!  Beautifully done site.

Sean
keith (Guest)
on 2007-03-15 02:11
Nice job - how did you get the nav to highlight the current page though?

Keith

BJ Clark wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've finally launched my first Radiant powered site.
> http://www.scidept.com/
>
> It's a portfolio site for my design business.
> I'm hosting it on a slice host slice (the $20 jobber).
> Nginx + Mongrel on Ubuntu.
>
> I'm using Mental Branch. I'm using the RSS Reader and Mailer extensions.
>
> Also, FWIW, I've got "Thickbox" and sIFR 3 going on there and it
> validates XHTML and CSS (except for thickbox, none of those modal
> windows validate because of the opacity stuff).
>
> Hopefully you should see alot more out of me when it comes do
> documentation. I just left a steady job (friday) to go back to
> freelance so I have been desperate to get this out.
>
> Anyway, if anyone has any questions or anything, let me know. Just
> thought you guys would like to see another live site.
>

> BJ Clark
> the science department
Daniel S. (Guest)

Looks like just a use of the <r:navigation/> tag.

Dan.
Martin O. (Guest)
Looking good! What did you do to get comments going?

Martin O.
http://smpl.se
BJ Clark (Guest)
Just saw this,
Yeah, I used the r:navigation, I can post the actual code I used if
you need to see it.
As for the blog, it's Mephisto, not radiant, because I really really
like mephisto, and it's broken cause I'm a lazy ass and way to busy
with paying work. :D

BJ
Jamie M. Wilkinson (Guest)
On Mar 18, 2007, at 11:29 PM, BJ Clark wrote:

> Just saw this,
> Yeah, I used the r:navigation, I can post the actual code I used if
> you need to see it.
> As for the blog, it's Mephisto, not radiant, because I really really
> like mephisto, and it's broken cause I'm a lazy ass and way to busy
> with paying work. :D

Did you simply clone the layout code across the two systems, or is
there some neat transclusion going on?

-jamie
BJ Clark (Guest)
No, Just cloned the layout across both platforms. I couldn't figure
anything cool out because Mephisto uses liquid.

BJ