Forum: Ferret acts_as_ferret rebuilding issue with ferret 0.11.0

Waters, Chris (Guest)

There is a problem with the way that acts_as_ferret verifies the index
is valid. In ensure_index_exists it looks for a file named 'segments'.
With the 0.11.0 release of ferret there is no file with this name. On my
dummy application I have a 'segments.gen' and 'segments_2y'.

Changing the test to segments.gen fixes the problem that the index is
constantly rebuilt. I don't know enough about these files to know if
this is a good fix or now.

Regards,

Chris.
David B. (Guest)
On 2/27/07, Waters, Chris <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Regards,
>
> Chris.

Thanks Chris. I didn't realize acts_as_ferret was relying on their
being a segments file. Testing for segments.gen is a good fix but I'd
rather avoid forcing Jens to update acts_as_ferret so I'll probably
try and change segments.gen back to segments or perhaps just touch the
segments file when an index is written.
David B. (Guest)
On 2/27/07, David B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > this is a good fix or now.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris.
>
> Thanks Chris. I didn't realize acts_as_ferret was relying on their
> being a segments file. Testing for segments.gen is a good fix but I'd
> rather avoid forcing Jens to update acts_as_ferret so I'll probably
> try and change segments.gen back to segments or perhaps just touch the
> segments file when an index is written.

Ok, segments.gen has been changed to segments.

Jens, no need to worry about adding a fix for this. We'll just have to
warn people off this version.
Jens K. (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:30:40PM +1100, David B. wrote:
> On 2/27/07, David B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
[..]
> warn people off this version.
thanks :-)