Forum: GNU Radio FPGA mods

Dan H. (Guest)

I'm working on FPGA mods to push a little bit of work off of the
computer onto the USRP's FPGA. If I understand correctly, the right way
to do what I want is to create a new config file (e.g. a modification of
usrp_std_config_2rxhb_2tx.vh) with my changes in the defines.

First, the comment: "// IF RX_ON is not defined, there is *no* transmit
circuitry built" -- that should be `receive circuitry', yes?

Second, in what applications are multiple receive and transmit channels
are used? They aren't used in tunnel.py right? I want to be doing RX and
TX on the RFX2400 as in tunnel.py; this application only uses one RX and
one TX channel, so I can define RX_SINGLE and TX_SINGLE instead of the
DUAL versions?

Thanks,

Dan
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:49:19PM -0800, Dan H. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on FPGA mods to push a little bit of work off of the
> computer onto the USRP's FPGA. If I understand correctly, the right way
> to do what I want is to create a new config file (e.g. a modification of
> usrp_std_config_2rxhb_2tx.vh) with my changes in the defines.
>
> First, the comment: "// IF RX_ON is not defined, there is *no* transmit
> circuitry built" -- that should be `receive circuitry', yes?

That's right.  I've fixed in svn.

> Second, in what applications are multiple receive and transmit channels
> are used? They aren't used in tunnel.py right? I want to be doing RX and
> TX on the RFX2400 as in tunnel.py; this application only uses one RX and
> one TX channel, so I can define RX_SINGLE and TX_SINGLE instead of the
> DUAL versions?

Yes.

However, because I was a lazy bum, I didn't add the conditionals
that distinguish between TX_SINGLE and TX_DUAL.

You'll need to add the appropriate `ifdef TX_EN_0 and TX_EN_1 gating in
usrp_std.v.  [Please send a patch.]

And send your new config file too.  I assume it's going to be
usrp_std_config_1rxhb_1tx.vh

Thanks,
Eric