Forum: Ruby on Rails 404 on Directory without forward slash

Xia _. (Guest)
on 2007-02-26 08:04
Has anyone else encountered this problem? Railsplayground support are
looking into it but don't know how to fix it either just yet.

Basically a directory sitting under public/ at public/my_things/ is
accessible via http://www.mysite.com/my_things/ but not
http://www.mysite.com/my_things (ie without the slash). it returns a
404.

from railsplayground:

"I could see that my_things is a folder under your public folder.
Usually, if it were a Rails Controller, your Rails application would
have taken care of the request. Since my_things is a normal folder, I
thought it has something to do with the canonical names. I tried to turn
off the canonical names in the apache configuration file. I even tried
with setting up redirections in the .htaccess file. But I couldn't see
any difference. "
Jordan K. (Guest)
On 2/25/07, Xia __ <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Railsplayground support are
> looking into it but don't know how to fix it either just yet.
>
> Basically a directory sitting under public/ at public/my_things/ is
> accessible via http://www.mysite.com/my_things/ but not
> http://www.mysite.com/my_things (ie without the slash). it returns a
> 404.

GIYF:  googling for "apache trailing slash" returns numerous hits on
possible causes and solutions.

J.
Xia _. (Guest)
on 2007-02-28 04:43
Jordan K. wrote:
> On 2/25/07, Xia __ <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Railsplayground support are
>> looking into it but don't know how to fix it either just yet.
>>
>> Basically a directory sitting under public/ at public/my_things/ is
>> accessible via http://www.mysite.com/my_things/ but not
>> http://www.mysite.com/my_things (ie without the slash). it returns a
>> 404.
>
> GIYF:  googling for "apache trailing slash" returns numerous hits on
> possible causes and solutions.
>
> J.

yeah haven't been able to get any of that working, neither could web
host. dirty html redirect has temporarily fixed the problem