Forum: Ruby mostly used version.

Ashok K. (Guest)
Hi.

which version of ruby is mostly used by users?

Ashok
Sharon P. (Guest)
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-darwin8.8.1] - home

and 1.8.5 at work (XP)

actually, I don't think the 1.8.4 is correct. I think (from memory)
that's the version that ships with Tiger, but I've installed a newer
one since. Anyone know how to tell the correct installed version?
Google has let me down tonight...  (tried various combinations of
ruby find installed version/tell which version installed etc)

Cheers,
Dave
Sebastian H. (Guest)
Sharon P. wrote:
> Anyone know how to tell the correct installed version?

By executing "ruby --version" in the terminal.

HTH,
Sebastian
Nicolai R. (Guest)
Have a look at this Ruby Project: http://tattle.rubygarden.org/

Nicolai
A.S. Bradbury (Guest)
On 2/25/07, Codeblogger <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Have a look at this Ruby Project: http://tattle.rubygarden.org/
>
> Nicolai

The problem is that the people participating in tattle or completely
self-selective, mostly active ruby developers. The the OP - why do you
need to know this question? Are you targeting end users (who may not
even know what ruby is, yet have some version installed) or developers
(who probably have at least ruby 1.8.4).

Alex