Forum: Ruby Ruby Rake

Manas D. (Guest)
    "make" has a -e option in which it reads environment variables and
uses those values for variables defined in the makefile. For e.g.
enviroment variable CC=cc -g can be used with make -e to get a debug
build. Is there something similar with Rake? And what is the ruby
equivalent of CC. Should I set in my environment RUBY=ruby
<ruby_options>

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
-Manas
Robert K. (Guest)

http://docs.rubyrake.org/read/chapter/5

 > And what is the ruby
> equivalent of CC. Should I set in my environment RUBY=ruby
> <ruby_options>

There is no Ruby equivalent to cc.

  robert
Chris C. (Guest)
On 2/24/07, Manas D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Regards,
> -Manas

Hi Manas,
You can access environment variables in Rake like this:
ENV['VARIABLE_NAME'].  And you can set the options for running ruby
with the RUBY_OPT environment variable