Forum: GNU Radio segmentation error and fftw make error

Liu X. (Guest)
Hello, All:

I am using USRP for my project.
I got fragmentation fault when running the python code. Googleing online
found one soultion might be to build fftw without --enable-sse.

Therefore I download fftw-3.1.2:
./configure -prefix=$home --enable-single --enable-shared
make
The make fails [rank0.lo] (I made clean and make multiple times, each
time it fails at different files, but all in rdft/)

I am using Ubuntu build 2.6.15-23-386 and Athlon XP2200+. Is there
anyone
who can help with this?

Also I use gdb to debug the program as suggested in the mailing list
before. However each time the gdb attach the pid the my python program
stops running until the I quit the gdb.
Can anyone help with debugging this Segmentation Fault Problem?

Thanks a lot for your input,
Xin
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:45:58PM -0500, Liu X. wrote:
> time it fails at different files, but all in rdft/)
> Xin
How does it fail?

The compiler could be running out of memory.
How much RAM and swap does your machine have?

Eric
Liu X. (Guest)
Dear Eric:

Thank you for your response.
My memory size is 515936 kB and the swap size is 835340 kB.

The program is used to generate some noise to 802.11 communication.
I am generating different signals with a certain pulse width (e.g.
20us),
and fixed idle width (e.g. 1000us). The program runs for some time
(minutes or one hour) --> screen outputs: Segmentation fault -> program
stops.

Now I am rebuilding fftw_3.0.1 on Ubuntu, still get errors when doing
the
make :(

Thanks,
Xin
Brian P. (Guest)
On 2/23/07, Liu X. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Now I am rebuilding fftw_3.0.1 on Ubuntu, still get errors when doing the
> make :(

I've seen on my cygwin system where fftw would get a lot of "Resource
busy" lines just before make would error out.  At times, I've even had
to run make up to 10 times in a row to get it to compile fully.

Have you tried just running make multiple times in a row?

Brian
Liu X. (Guest)
Thank you.
I run the make for fftw multiple times. Each it stops at different
files, all because of "/bin/sh: line xxx Segmentation Fault".

Best,
Xin
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:22:28PM -0500, Liu X. wrote:

> Now I am rebuilding fftw_3.0.1 on Ubuntu, still get errors when doing the
> make :(
>
> Thanks,
> Xin

I'm confused.  Is the compiler dying compiling fftw, or is your
program which uses fftw dying?

Eric
Liu X. (Guest)
Sorry for the confusion.

My program jammer.py got Segmentation error and stopped.

Now I am trying to rebuild fftw_3.0.1 (since from previous list in this
group, some one suggested to rebuild fftw without --enable-sse), it
cannot
pass through the make :(

Thank you,
Xin
Dan H. (Guest)
Liu X. wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> My program jammer.py got Segmentation error and stopped.
>
> Now I am trying to rebuild fftw_3.0.1 (since from previous list in this
> group, some one suggested to rebuild fftw without --enable-sse), it cannot
> pass through the make :(
Is your CPU fan spinning?

-Dan
Liu X. (Guest)