Forum: Ruby on Rails public/dispatch.fcgi No such file or directory

Clem R. (Guest)
on 2007-02-23 20:23
Hello,

   I've been working painlessly on my dev environment for well over a
month now on my macbook and suddenly, on all my branches, I can't boot
my local server using
script/server or script/lighttpd.

When I do script/server I get this error:

2007-02-23 13:15:55: (mod_fastcgi.c.1022) execve failed for:
public/dispatch.fcgi No such file or directory

I went and reinstalled fCGI using this command:

sudo gem install fcgi -- --with-fcgi-dir=/opt/local

After I do this, I keep getting the same problem.

Any ideas?
Rob B. (Guest)
On Feb 23, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Clem R. wrote:

> 2007-02-23 13:15:55: (mod_fastcgi.c.1022) execve failed for:
> public/dispatch.fcgi No such file or directory
>
> I went and reinstalled fCGI using this command:
>
> sudo gem install fcgi -- --with-fcgi-dir=/opt/local
>
> After I do this, I keep getting the same problem.
>

> Any ideas?

take a look at the #! line at the top of the public/dispatch.fcgi and
make sure that it properly identified your ruby location

Rob B.    http://agileconsultingllc.com
removed_email_address@domain.invalid