Forum: Ruby Soap add_method

Justin M. (Guest)
on 2007-02-22 22:25
Is there a way to set default arguments for soap methods?

i.e.

proxy.add_method('value1','value2'='something')

I need to pass a long a username and password with each soap call.
please let me know, thanks!
Justin M. (Guest)
on 2007-02-22 22:28
Justin M. wrote:
> Is there a way to set default arguments for soap methods?
>
> i.e.
>
> proxy.add_method('value1','value2'='something')
>

> I need to pass a long a username and password with each soap call.
> please let me know, thanks!

I would also like to add, this is not Basic auth(http auth). This is
simple passing a variable called username and password with each call.
Chris C. (Guest)
On 2/22/07, Justin M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> --

Hi Justin, I don't know exactly how SOAP4R handles this, but you could
add the method normally, and writte a wrapper to call the method with
the attributes:
class << soap_object
  def really_cool_method(*args)
    self.cool_method(:value1 => "blah, args)