Forum: Ruby on Rails using ActiveRecord with flat files

sebastian (Guest)
For the application I'm working on I would like to not save the
uploaded files in the database as I have done previously.
It seems more "natural" to simply store them in a directory.
Now I'm thinking that it would be nice to be able to take advantage of
ActiveRecord anyway - override a couple of methods, so that I can
define the associations in the customary way and rely on the automatic
saving features, etc.
Has anybody done that?
Which methods would I need to override?
Or is this not feasible?
Thanks.
-Sebastian
Carl L. (Guest)
What about using sqlite? I really don't think modifying AR to use flat
files is possible. You'd basically have to create your own SQL based
flat file database then write an adapter for it.

-carl

--
EPA Rating: 3000 Lines of Code / Gallon (of coffee)