Forum: Ruby on Rails RejectConf @RailsConf

Richard W. (Guest)
on 2007-02-22 10:53
I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
people would want to get in on the action as well.

Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?
Dr N. (Guest)
on 2007-02-22 10:58
Richard W. wrote:
> I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
> parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
> down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
> for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
> people would want to get in on the action as well.
>
> Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?

I heard that Robby R. (http://robbyonrails.com/) purchased the
domain rejectconf.com - I'd expected he'd at least have some interesting
in organising (plus he's a local Portlander).
Richard W. (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 04:13
Dr Nic wrote:
> Richard W. wrote:
>> I heard about the success that was RejectConf which was put on in
>> parallel to RubyConf for all those who's presentation proposals got shot
>> down. I definitely interested in seeing something like this put together
>> for RailsConf and I'll volunteer to present as well. I'm sure other
>> people would want to get in on the action as well.
>>
>> Who's interested? Who'd be willing to organize it?
>
> I heard that Robby R. (http://robbyonrails.com/) purchased the
> domain rejectconf.com - I'd expected he'd at least have some interesting
> in organising (plus he's a local Portlander).

BUMP! for being only a week away...
Dr N. (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 09:54
Richard W. wrote:
> BUMP! for being only a week away...

Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
organize during the conf.

So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
potentially interest ppl :)

http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf
Dr N. (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 11:25
Dr Nic wrote:
> Richard W. wrote:
>> BUMP! for being only a week away...
>
> Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
> organize during the conf.
>
> So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
> potentially interest ppl :)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf

Announcement:

http://drnicwilliams.com/2007/05/10/rejectconf-at-railsconf/
Richard W. (Guest)
on 2007-05-11 02:09
Dr Nic wrote:
> Dr Nic wrote:
>> Richard W. wrote:
>>> BUMP! for being only a week away...
>>
>> Latest I heard no one had organised anything and the vibe is it will be
>> organize during the conf.
>>
>> So, I created a mailing list/group to help coordinate btw the 1200
>> potentially interest ppl :)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rejectconf
>
> Announcement:
>
> http://drnicwilliams.com/2007/05/10/rejectconf-at-railsconf/