Forum: GNU Radio New User

Kalyanam, Janani (Guest)

I am new to GNU radios.  I was wondering if/where I could find
experiments
to transmit and receive a simple sine wave, to get started off.

Thanks
Janani Kalyanam

PS - I am sorry if this is the third time you are getting the same mail,
but
for some reason my earlier mails never seem to get processed!
Johnathan C. (Guest)
Kalyanam, Janani wrote:

> I am new to GNU radios.  I was wondering if/where I could find
> experiments to transmit and receive a simple sine wave, to get
> started off.

Please look at:

gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_siggen.py

This allows you to create a variety of waveforms either at baseband or
upconverted to a carrier frequency.  You'll of course need one of the TX
or RFX daughterboards to transmit.

--
Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC