Forum: Ruby FXRuby - slow FXDirDialog when accessing network directory

Jon Egil Stand (Guest)
Greetings

My intentions with this post is not to bash FXRuby, which I find very
enjoyable, but to learn and perhaps circumvent a problem.

In a windows environment we're using some network disks. Access is quite
snappy, but when using FXDirDialog to select, it's very slow.

Typical access times to open a directory in Windows Explorer: 1-3
seconds
Typical access times to select a directory using FXDirDialog with
FXRuby:
25-30 seconds

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is it mendable?

All the best
Jon Egil S.
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 2/21/07 8:43 AM, in article
removed_email_address@domain.invalid, "Jon Egil
Stand"

> In a windows environment we're using some network disks. Access is quite
> snappy, but when using FXDirDialog to select, it's very slow.
>
> Typical access times to open a directory in Windows Explorer: 1-3 seconds
> Typical access times to select a directory using FXDirDialog with FXRuby:
> 25-30 seconds
>
> Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is it mendable?

I don't have an answer, but you might want to post your question to the
FOX
Users' Mailing List as well -- whatever's going on in your situation is
definitely something that's outside the scope of the Ruby binding.