Forum: Ruby on Rails Thorsten!!!! please understand me.

Ruhul A. (Guest)
on 2007-02-20 13:34
Thorsten!!!!   please understand me.

Please read my query in the original post.

Amin
Thorsten (Guest)
Dude, are you crazy?

Please stop flooding the mailing list with useless requests. and don't
try to pressure me.

Don't think many people will be willing to help oyu if you act that
rude, me included if you continue like that.

On 20 Feb., 12:34, Ruhul A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Ruhul A. (Guest)
on 2007-02-20 13:56
Sorry for that. Please don't angry with me. I am new in Ruby.

My main missionis to search a movie by it name. so please tell me
how can i use write the sql query using "like"

suppose i want to search all movie whose name begin with mission

select *from movies where name like 'mission%'

so what will be the following two lines?

 query = "select * from movies where name like ?
          "
        @report = Movie.find_by_sql([query, params[:movie][:id]])

Thanks in advanced

Amin
Thorsten (Guest)
cond = params[:movie][:name] + "%" #i hope you have a "name" field in
your search form?

@report = Movie.find :all, :conditions => ['name like ?',cond]

Stop using find_by_sql.You should almost never be in need to use it.
ActiveRecord offers better ways

On 20 Feb., 12:56, Ruhul A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Ruhul A. (Guest)
on 2007-02-20 14:07
Thorsten wrote:
> cond = params[:movie][:name] + "%" #i hope you have a "name" field in
> your search form?
>
> @report = Movie.find :all, :conditions => ['name like ?',cond]
>
> Stop using find_by_sql.You should almost never be in need to use it.
> ActiveRecord offers better ways
>
> On 20 Feb., 12:56, Ruhul A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Many many thanks Boss.....
have a nice time.