Forum: Ruby on Rails rails 1.0 and MySQL 5.0 and postgres 8.1

warrens (Guest)
I want to convert my rails app to use either postgres 8.1 or MySQL 5.0
on any given day.
If all this is going to be built into rails 1.0 I can just wait and hope
that installing
rails will enable me to chose by simply migrating and editing my
database.yml file.

Or I can compile the C libraries now for ruby-MySQL and ruby-postgres
and hack around
trying to get them to work with rails 0.13 and all that.

Or download the year-old ruby-MySQL library for windows that works for
MySQL 4.0 but
probably not for 5.0 unless  I keep to the old passwords:
http://seagecko.org/thoughts/in-the-past/2004/09/0...

If 1.0 will do all this for me anyway I'd like to know, but can't figure
it out from the
dev.rails.org website.

SO:  What will 1.0 rails have as built-in database access, the windows C
libraries or the
old ruby libraries or new C libraries or what?  Will it include .so
files for Windows XP?
Inquiring minds want to know.

AND: If I'm going to have to compile C code what is the latest and
greatest? I have cygwin
gcc 3.3.3 and MS vc7 (13.10.3077) and that should cover anything I need.

Things are running okay now with MySQL 5.0 and the old password system
and I don't feel
like repeatedly messing about with database connections as 1.0 is coming
Real Soon Now and
I have enough to do...

Warren
jeremy (Guest)
charlesleeds (Guest)
I have a compiled copy of the mysql-ruby 2.7 library for Windows if you
need it.  I downloaded it from somewhere, can't remember where.  Send me
an email address and I can mail it to you.

Charles