Forum: Ruby on Rails ferret error in rake:db migrate

Preston P. (Guest)
on 2007-02-19 23:13
I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
this... rake aborted, no such file to load
--ferret.

I realize this is probably a simple error on my part, but if someone
could tell me what im doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thank
you.
(Guest)
On Feb 19, 1:13 pm, Preston P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
> trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
> installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
> this... rake aborted, no such file to load
> --ferret.

i vaguely remember getting messages like this if the ferret and
a_a_ferret gems didn't install properly (ferret needs ruby-devel, or
other C library headers on differetn unix platforms).  When you
install the gem, does it install cleanly?
Preston P. (Guest)
> On Feb 19, 1:13 pm, Preston P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> I'm using this book Beginning ruby on rails e-commerce from apress. I'm
>> trying to just load a lesson that I downloaded the source from, I
>> installed ferret properly, Yet when I try to rake:db migrate I get
>> this... rake aborted, no such file to load
>> --ferret.
>>

> i vaguely remember getting messages like this if the ferret and
> a_a_ferret gems didn't install properly (ferret needs ruby-devel, or
> other C library headers on differetn unix platforms).  When you
> install the gem, does it install cleanly?

yeah when i install everything is fine
Ramon T. (Guest)
isn't it "rake db:migrate" ?

On 2/20/07, Preston P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote: