Forum: Ferret Acts_As_Ferret Tutorial

Gregg P. (Guest)
on 2007-02-19 18:42
Hey guys,

       I wanted to share with you guys a detailed tutorial I just
finished this weekend for using Acts_As_Ferret.

       http://www.railsenvy.com/2007/2/19/acts-as-ferret-tutorial

       I started using Ferret and Acts_As_Ferret a few weeks ago, and I
learned so much that I wanted to give back to the community by writing
up a helpful tutorial that covers all the key topics in one place
(Something I wish I would have had when I started using it).  There are
a few tutorials already out there, but none that really lay it all out.

       Thank you guys for creating a great search tool, please let me
know if there is anything I got wrong, or that I should add.

--
Gregg P.
"All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 05:42:05PM +0100, Gregg P. wrote:
> (Something I wish I would have had when I started using it).  There are
> a few tutorials already out there, but none that really lay it all out.

Great work!

>        Thank you guys for creating a great search tool, please let me
> know if there is anything I got wrong, or that I should add.

I think you missed the doc_id parameter in your highlighting code
sample, but otherwise it's pretty perfect :-)

cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Krämer
webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH

Amtsgericht Dresden | HRB 15422
GF Sven Haubold, Hagen Malessa
Gregg P. (Guest)
on 2007-02-19 19:55
Thanks Jen, and thanks for the heads up on the missing doc.

I've fixed the syntax.

-Gregg
http://www.railsenvy.com