Forum: Ruby on Rails script/console doesn't load model

Anton A. (Guest)
I'm trying to test functions in my models using the console.

Should the code be in the model?  I think so.
I'm encapsulating
          find( ... :conditions=> ...

However these functions aren't available when I run the console.

Am I missing something or is this 'by design'?

--
life, n.:
      A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.

class_name.method_name

e.g.  Product.find( :all )

Good luck,

-Conrad
Anton A. (Guest)
Conrad T. said the following on 02/19/2007 01:06 PM:
> Hi, you should be invoking the find method as follows:
>
> class_name.method_name

That *IS* what I was typing.

In fact the console has a this neat trick whereby if you type the name
of
the class and a tab it will show the methods, or class_name.find<tab>
and it
will show you all the find methods for that class.

I do this I I don't see the methods I have defined in the model.

a = Page.find_in<tab>

and I don't see the "find_in_book" that I defined in the model.

--
  Clear the battlefield and let me see
         All the profit from our victory.

Ved Bew said the following on 02/19/2007 07:02 PM:
>> the class and a tab it will show the methods, or class_name.find<tab> and it
>> will show you all the find methods for that class.
>>
>> I do this I I don't see the methods I have defined in the model.
>>
>> a = Page.find_in<tab>
>>
>> and I don't see the "find_in_book" that I defined in the model.

--
"How well we communicate is determined not by how well we say things but
by