Forum: Ruby on Rails time_ago_in_words in days only?

Mike D. (Guest)
on 2007-02-18 15:54
Hi:

I'm using the time_ago_in_words in words function. Is there anyway to
get it to register only in days - some options I'm not setting?  Meaning
to display in days only, so instead of going to a month, year, etc., to
register a #of days?  I looked in the api for the function and don't see
it.

If not, is there another function of which I'm not aware?

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike
Oyku Gencay (Guest)

I remember seeing this as a new feature in Rails 1.2 bundled
ActiveSupport library.

Regards,
Oyku.
(Guest)
Rails Pre-1.2 did this, you could grab the old time_ago_in _words and
use it to override the new one in your app.

~Jamie

On Feb 18, 5:54 am, Mike D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Mike D. (Guest)
> Rails Pre-1.2 did this, you could grab the old time_ago_in _words and
> use it to override the new one in your app.
>
> ~Jamie
>
> On Feb 18, 5:54 am, Mike D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Hi Jamie:

Thanks very much for your reply.  Are you talking about extending and
overriting time_ago_in_words or is there some parameter that would do
it?

Thanks again!

Mike