Forum: Rails deployment Monitoring/Alerting on production.log

esconsult1 (Guest)
Is there a way to monitor the production logfile so that when an error
occurs, it can trap and email the error to me? Alternatively, is it
possible to write errors out to a separate logfile.

A few months ago I read something where a couple of guys where doing
this on their production site. Their goal was to get errors down to
practically zero in a short period of time.

I know its possible to hack the logging to get something like this in
place, just wanted to know if someone already had a solution before I
started re-inventing the wheel.

Regards
- Ericson S.
Carl L. (Guest)
Check out the exception_notifications plugin. That might be what you
are looking for.

-carl

--
EPA Rating: 3000 Lines of Code / Gallon (of coffee)
Jean-François Trân (Guest)

2007/2/16, esconsult1 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> place, just wanted to know if someone already had a solution before I
> started re-inventing the wheel.

You may have a look at Exception Notification plugin :
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/ExceptionN...

Rails will send you mails when exception occurs.

  -- Jean-François.

--
Ruby ( http://www.rubyfrance.org ) on Rails ( http://www.railsfrance.org
)