Forum: Ruby within a block passed to "each" can I detect the last time t

Greg H. (Guest)

Does anyone know a way for the below code, to tell when the last block
is
called via "each" so that I can detect this and not add a superfluous
the end of the string being built up?

    postDataHash.each { |key, value|
      postDataString << "#{key}=#{value}&"
    }

Tks
Greg
James G. (Guest)
On Feb 15, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Greg H. wrote:

> Does anyone know a way for the below code, to tell when the last
> block is
> called via "each" so that I can detect this and not add a
> superfluous "&" to
> the end of the string being built up?

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but:

>    postDataHash.each { |key, value|
>      postDataString << "#{key}=#{value}&"
>    }

postDataString << postDataHash.map { |k, v| "#{k}=#{v}" }.join("&")

James Edward G. II
Greg H. (Guest)
excellent - thanks James!