Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Bugja.com - Getting real Issue tracker

unknown (Guest)
Hello list.

After using various issue tracking packages that included a lot of
typework and maintenance , we decided to build one of our own,
focusing at ease of use.
We would appreciate your opinion, but be gentle it's somewhat beta :)

http://www.bugja.com
Screencast at http://www.bugja.com/screencast

It's  ROR of course :)

Thanks in advance
Fortytwo
http://www.fortytwo.gr
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 15 Feb 2007, at 15:31, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

> After using various issue tracking packages that included a lot of
> typework and maintenance , we decided to build one of our own,
> focusing at ease of use.
> We would appreciate your opinion, but be gentle it's somewhat beta :)

Well, you could set a skip_before :login_required for the screencast
if you want people to be able to have a look before signing up :-)

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
unknown (Guest)
> Well, you could set a skip_before :login_required for the screencast
> if you want people to be able to have a look before signing up :-)

LOL.
Forgot to add a :screencast action in the except list.

Sorry :)
It's ok now.

Regards
George
amtron (Guest)
Screen cast is a bit fast...  Looks good though after watching it a
few times.
CptOatmeal (Guest)
I really like the design and implementation of this app.  It would be
very nice if you could post some info as to how you made/designed it.
Maybe something about plugins used, how you implemented all those
shnazzy interface perks (sign up form validation, etc.).

I also posted a small writeup of the app on my blog http://
rubyrumble.com (basically saying how much I like the app :) ).

-CptOatmeal
bandito (Guest)
CptOatmeal thank you for the feedback.

> I really like the design and implementation of this app.  It would be
> very nice if you could post some info as to how you made/designed it.
> Maybe something about plugins used, how you implemented all those
> shnazzy interface perks (sign up form validation, etc.).

Actually the sign up form it's just javascript and some ajax calls.
Nothing
special.

There is something worth mentioning, though.
Uploading a *.doc attachment, it will be converted to html using the
http://wvware.sourceforge.net/ library.
It's very easy to use, you just throw the doc at it, and it generates a
nice
html file :)

 Cheers.
Thanks again.