Forum: Ruby How to work with a XML schema with Ruby?

Griff (Guest)
I need to take a XML schema and do some arbitrary text generation
using it's contents.

Any idea where I should start?
Jason Palmer (Guest)
Check out the XMLRPC::Client class on Rdoc:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/xmlrpc/rdoc/...

That should set you in the right direction.
Mark V. (Guest)
On Feb 14, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Griff wrote:

> I need to take a XML schema and do some arbitrary text generation
> using it's contents.
>
> Any idea where I should start?

If I were doing this, my first choice would be XQuery and my second
would be XSLT. If you'd like, send me a small snippet of your XML
Schema, tell me what you'd like to generate from it, and I'll send
you an example of how to do it.
Griff (Guest)
You know after I posted this I thought to myself that an xml schema is
just plain xml like anything else. I could use xquery couldn't ?!

Thanks for you post.