Forum: GNU Radio DBSRX C++ Driver

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Gregory W Heckler (Guest)
on 2007-02-13 23:25
(Received via mailing list)
Before I submit my DBSRX C++ driver, I need some tips on the preferred
style to the GnuRadio mods out there:

Should the DBSRX class (db_dbs_rx) inherit the usrp_standard_rx class
(currently I pass a handle to an already created usrp_standard_rx handle
in the contructor)?

Should the interface (public methods) exactly  match the python code. I
left some of the more trivial stuff out (like reporting back the gain
range, etc)?

And, to whom should I submit the code?

Thanks all for your help over the last couple of weeks. As I make more
progress with sampling GPS L1 and L2C data with the DBSRX
daughterboard(s) I will release any code and or sample data sets I might
generate.
Trond D. (Guest)
on 2007-02-14 00:09
(Received via mailing list)
2007/2/13, Gregory W Heckler <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
>
> And, to whom should I submit the code?
>
> Thanks all for your help over the last couple of weeks. As I make more
> progress with sampling GPS L1 and L2C data with the DBSRX
> daughterboard(s) I will release any code and or sample data sets I might
> generate.
>
>

I have created a CA-code generator block. I have not been able to test
it yet, but if anybody is interested, I will put it somewhere for
public access.

--
Trond D.
Eric B. (Guest)
on 2007-02-14 02:06
(Received via mailing list)
On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:24:49PM -0500, Gregory W Heckler wrote:
> Before I submit my DBSRX C++ driver, I need some tips on the preferred
> style to the GnuRadio mods out there:
>
> Should the DBSRX class (db_dbs_rx) inherit the usrp_standard_rx class
> (currently I pass a handle to an already created usrp_standard_rx handle
> in the contructor)?

No, it shouldn't inherit from usrp_standard_rx.  Pass it a pointer
to the underlying object.

> Should the interface (public methods) exactly  match the python code. I
> left some of the more trivial stuff out (like reporting back the gain
> range, etc)?

It would be nice if your code implemented the "trivial" stuff like
gain and frequency range, so that we can write generic code that works
with any daughterboard.

> And, to whom should I submit the code?

Please post it to removed_email_address@domain.invalid.  You'll need to 
subscribe
before posting.

We'll also need a copyright assignment to the FSF for the code.  I'll
send you a simple form to fill out in the next message.

> Thanks all for your help over the last couple of weeks. As I make more
> progress with sampling GPS L1 and L2C data with the DBSRX
> daughterboard(s) I will release any code and or sample data sets I might
> generate.

You're welcome!

Thanks for working on this.  Having C++ versions for all the d'boards
is one of our goals.  Thanks for writing the first one!

Eric
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.