Forum: Ruby on Rails Please help, does anyone have inherits_from plugin?

RecumbentJ (Guest)

I'm currently in the early stages of building a rails app that would
greatly benefit from using Class-Table Inheritance instead of STI. I
see there is a plugin to extend activerecord to handle this:

http://www.agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/inherits_from

Unfortunately the URL to the plugin's repository is broken along with
the home page link too (I have emailed author but not heard back as
yet). I'm on a very tight deadline for this project. Does anyone have
the plugin code installed in a project? Could anyone send it to me?

Thanks,

James.
Sava C. (Guest)
RecumbentJ wrote:
> yet). I'm on a very tight deadline for this project. Does anyone have
> the plugin code installed in a project? Could anyone send it to me?

If you're using PostgreSQL, you can try my class table inheritance
plugin from
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/clti/plugins/class_table_inheritance
It doesn't have inherits_from limitations - inherited column
validation/error
handling and find_by_ on inherited column work. The only inconvenience
is that
you must manually set_table_name for inheritance classes. It's still in
alpha
status because performance was not tested - unit tests are available
though and
 all pass.

--
Sava C.