Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Shiny new Subversion and Trac cluster

Jeremy K. (Guest)
You've all noticed the excruciating Rails svn updates and Trac
molasses in the last couple of weeks. Following the release of Rails
1.2 we thoroughly overwhelmed our development server, no small feat
for a hefty dual Xeon. Congratulations, all, for your hearty Rails
appetite! Your sustained Mbps say more than words possibly could.

Our friends at TextDrive have stepped up once again to keep Rails
development running smoothly and your production apps deploying
predictably. Please give a warm welcome to our new development
cluster, a load-balanced crew of SunFires and Thumpers hosting Trac at
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ and Subversion at
http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/

Subversion will remain available at the old dev URL
(http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails) so you needn't touch your live
apps. Feel free to migrate to the new URL at your own speed.

Thanks TextDrive!
jeremy
Jakob S. (Guest)
On Feb 10, 2007, at 09:08 , Jeremy K. wrote:

> Our friends at TextDrive have stepped up once again to keep Rails
> development running smoothly and your production apps deploying
> predictably. Please give a warm welcome to our new development
> cluster, a load-balanced crew of SunFires and Thumpers hosting Trac at
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ and Subversion at
> http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/

Awesome, yay for Joyent/TextDrive!

--
Jakob S. - http://mentalized.net
Jeremy K. (Guest)
> Subversion will remain available at the old dev URL
> (http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails) so you needn't touch your live
> apps. Feel free to migrate to the new URL at your own speed.

By the way, you can switch a Rails trunk working copy to the new URL
using
  svn switch --relocate http://dev.rubyonrails.org/svn/rails/trunk
http://svn.rubyonrails.org/rails/trunk

jeremy
Prog F. (Guest)
which repo does a rake:freeze go to now? dev or svn?

--progfrog

--
http://railfrog.com/
Railfrog, the user-friendly, open-source web site deployment and

> which repo does a rake:freeze go to now? dev or svn?

We haven't updated the rake tasks. They still hit the old, compatible
URLs
on dev.

jeremy
hampton c (Guest)
Congradulations guys! That is indeed impressive for any framework!

I do heartily wish that Unspace's experience with Textdrive was
comparable.

That really does feel like a bit of a milestone for us, huh? When a
duel-zenon just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm happy with my 100 Haml
check outs a *day*... let alone a minute.

Congrads!

-hampton.