Forum: Ruby on Rails Nothing Lasts Forever

Jon G. (Guest)
Apparently, that includes whatever plans may have once existed to post
anything to the page referenced by all the deprecation warnings in Rails
1.2.

"See http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for details."
Chris M. (Guest)
Jon G. wrote:
> Apparently, that includes whatever plans may have once existed to post
> anything to the page referenced by all the deprecation warnings in Rails
> 1.2.
>
> "See http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for details."

Heh. Maybe the page has been depreciated!

--
Chris M.
Web D.
Chris M. wrote:
> Jon G. wrote:
>> Apparently, that includes whatever plans may have once existed to post
>> anything to the page referenced by all the deprecation warnings in Rails
>> 1.2.
>>
>> "See http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for details."
>>

> Heh. Maybe the page has been depreciated!

Heh... can't lose any more value... it's already worthless (i.e.
"deprecate" not "depreciate"). ;-)

What that page really needs is the "under construction" image.... ala
'96. :-D Nice to see rails folks committing one of the cardinal sins of
the web.

unknown (Guest)
Maybe a little animated gif with a hammer hitting an "Under
construction"
sign would finish the page off nicely.
Jeff P. (Guest)
on 2007-02-10 04:57
unknown wrote:
> Maybe a little animated gif with a hammer hitting an "Under
> construction"
> sign would finish the page off nicely.

On a related note, I've been wondering if the stuff at
"http://api.rubyonrails.org/" is up to date with rails 1.2?  There
doesn't seem to be any version info on the page to tell you what you're
looking at.  I haven't noticed any new stuff that wasn't there a couple
months ago.

jp
Chris M. (Guest)
Jeff P. wrote:

> jp

It's always current with the latest release.
The date in the top right changes as new versions come out.

An actual version number in the initial README would be nice though,
then people wouldn't have to track down the release date.

--
Chris M.
Web D.
Ben M. wrote:

> Heh... can't lose any more value... it's already worthless (i.e.
> "deprecate" not "depreciate"). ;-)

DOH! At least it still applies though. :)

--
Chris M.
Web D.