Forum: Ruby Rubyforge.org question

Peter S. (Guest)

Is there a possibility to monitor everything on Rubyforge? (trackers,
forums...) - I can monitor bugs if they are already there, but I would
like to monitor everything automatically - if I have a new bug report,
forum post, anything I would like to be notified.

Is this doable at the moment? (sorry I am brand new to RubyForge so
maybe I just overlooked something).

TIA,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrails.com :: Ruby and Web2.0 blog
http://scrubyt.org :: Ruby web scraping framework
Gregory B. (Guest)
On 2/9/07, Peter S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a possibility to monitor everything on Rubyforge? (trackers,
> forums...) - I can monitor bugs if they are already there, but I would
> like to monitor everything automatically - if I have a new bug report,
> forum post, anything I would like to be notified.

Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.

Forums may be monitored by hitting the 'monitor forum' button in each
forum.
This will notify you every time a forum post is made.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing (at a glance) a 'monitor everything' bit.
  If it helps, we're running a fairly vanilla GForge app, so you might
be able to find this out by searching the GForge documentation...

If you have further questions about RubyForge, the best place to post
them is the RubyForge forum[0]

Also, feel free to post over there if you find a solution to this
problem so that I can put it in the FAQ.

warm regards,
-greg

[0] http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2
flevour (Guest)
You may setup something via the brand new http://pipes.yahoo.com/ and
make it freely available to everyone.
My 0.002 millicents.
Francesco Levorato aka flevour
James G. (Guest)
On Feb 9, 2007, at 9:14 AM, Gregory B. wrote:

> Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.
I'm pretty sure you have to set the trackers to email you.  This is
covered in the RubyForge FAQ:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/460/faq.html#notify

James Edward G. II
Robin S. (Guest)
flevour schrieb:
> You may setup something via the brand new http://pipes.yahoo.com/ and
> make it freely available to everyone.
> My 0.002 millicents.
> Francesco Levorato aka flevour

Wow, that's only 0.000002 cents or 0.00000002 dollars.

Sorry, could not resist, it reminded me of Verizonmath :).

http://www.verizonmath.com/transcript.htm
Daniel B. (Guest)
On Feb 9, 9:34 am, James Edward G. II <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> >> forum post, anything I would like to be notified.
>
> > Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.
>
> I'm pretty sure you have to set the trackers to email you.  This is
> covered in the RubyForge FAQ:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/460/faq.html#notify

Unfortunately, that's how things work at the moment. I put in a
feature request for this a while ago:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...

Tom submitted this to GForge and they agreed that it was a good idea.
However, I don't know if it was ever actually implemented.

Regards,

Dan