Forum: Ruby on Rails rails pluralizing when not supposed to ?

Shawn B. (Guest)
lo there all.

i am having a strange problem with generating a scaffold.
everything is pluralized.

for example, if i do a script/generate scaffold Admin ( the example in
my book )
instead of admin_controller.rb i get admins_controller.rb
instead of /app/views/admin i get /app/views/admins

is there a configuration setting that i am missing ?

thanks
dweinand (Guest)
pluralization is by design.
try this in your environment.rb do disable pluralization if you need.

ActiveRecord::Base.pluralize_table_names = false

HTH
Shawn B. (Guest)
On Feb 5, 1:30 am, "dweinand" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> pluralization is by design.
> try this in your environment.rb do disable pluralization if you need.
>
> ActiveRecord::Base.pluralize_table_names = false
>
> HTH

ok, well, is this something i should do ? should i go with the table
names pluralized instead of not.
I mean, if pluralization is by design, should i change that ?

thanks
sk
Peter (Guest)

Just go with the flow.
If its a new app and you are in control.
Who cares if my table is called 'vehicle' or 'vehicles'.
Check out migrations.
Shawn B. (Guest)
on 2007-02-05 18:23
Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just go with the flow.
> If its a new app and you are in control.
> Who cares if my table is called 'vehicle' or 'vehicles'.
> Check out migrations.

ok, now my table names are plural,
i have users, groups, stations, etc..
so when the scaffold is generated i should have plural controllers ?
like users_controller.rb ?
and /app/views/users/ and so on. this is all ok?
if so, great, i will not sweat it any more.

thanks for your help
monki (Guest)
Controllers and paths should be the plural of the model name,
so you should be on the right track now.

On Feb 5, 10:23 am, Shawn B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Shawn B. (Guest)
On Feb 5, 2:48 pm, "monki" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > If its a new app and you are in control.
> > thanks for your help
>
> > --

way cool, thanks

shawn