Forum: Ruby Exit rake silently

Trans (Guest)
This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
it was never answered.

How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Thanks,
T.
Trans (Guest)
On Feb 4, 5:38 pm, "Trans" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
> it was never answered.
>
> How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
> extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Should have known.... as soon as I post this it hits me. Well, FYI to
anyone who may have ever wondered:

  Kernel#exit!

T.
Jim W. (Guest)
on 2007-02-05 04:24
Trans wrote:
> This haas been asked before... I know b/c I did a search for it. But
> it was never answered.
>
> How does one gracefully exit rake? If I use #abort or #exit I get much
> extraneus output. I ther no way just to silently end the program?

Really?  For

  task :default do
    exit 0
  end

I get:

  $ rake -s
  $

-- Jim W.
Trans (Guest)
On Feb 4, 9:24 pm, Jim W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>     exit 0
>   end
>
> I get:
>
>   $ rake -s
>   $

I get:

  $ rake -s
  rake aborted!
  exit
  /file/trans/my/code/ruby/foo/Rakefile:4:in `exit'

this if for:

  $ rake --version
  rake, version 0.7.1

T.