Forum: GNU Radio question on TV Rx

Achilleas A. (Guest)

I have the following question regarding the
(soon to be obsolete) TV Rx db.

Does it implement a VSB filter at IF?

Since the transmitted TV signal is only a
partial VSB, I was wondering if this is
is implemented in the db, and thus if the
received signal from the USRP in usrp_tv_rcv.py
is a true VSB signal. The reason I am asking is
I am thinking of implemeting a coherent
demodulation of the video signal...

Thanks
Achilleas
Matt E. (Guest)
Achilleas A. wrote:
> received signal from the USRP in usrp_tv_rcv.py
> is a true VSB signal. The reason I am asking is
> I am thinking of implemeting a coherent
> demodulation of the video signal...

The TVRX itself does not do a VSB filter.  You'll need to do that
yourself in software.

Matt