Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Dynamic Content in Gtk::ComboBox list.

Martin P. (Guest)
Hello all,

I'd like to have the contents of my Gtk::ComboBox list updated
whenever the popup list is shown.  I'm using the simple text-only
way of working with the combo box.

I've tried to listen to every signal I think might do it, but none
seem to be sent when the popup is about to be popped-up.

What signal should I be listening to?  Or is there a better
way to do this?

I'm using Gtk 2.8.18 and ruby-gtk2-0.14-1  on windows.

Thank you,
Martin

security?
easier.
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
Steve S. (Guest)
It would be easyer for you if you use the glde interface designer
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/wfdownlo...
but to answer your question i think you can use the GtkWidget
button-press-event

But as i was saying you can use glade to design your gui and apply any
signals you need
then just use this command here
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?ruby-gl... to
generate a skeleton
templet and then you can add any ruby code you want to that.
Dobai-Pataky Bálint (Guest)
Martin P. wrote:
> way to do this?
>
> I'm using Gtk 2.8.18 and ruby-gtk2-0.14-1  on windows.

have you tried Gtk::EventBox ?
you might get more signals there.
Martin P. (Guest)
Dobai-Pataky Bálint wrote:
> Martin P. wrote:

>> I'd like to have the contents of my Gtk::ComboBox list updated
>> whenever the popup list is shown.

> have you tried Gtk::EventBox ?
> you might get more signals there.

Thanks. Wrapping ComboBox in an EventBox and using enter-notify-event
to populate the list gets the job done.