Forum: Radiant CMS Tags and attachments / repository

Martin O. (Guest)
Hello again,

I have been very busy lately, but now I'm starting to get around to
building my blog/site. One features/request that I haven't seen
mentioned much is "tagging". I'd like to create a taxonomy of
keywords, where each page can have one or more of these tags.

Is something like this available as an extension to Mental, or is it
possible to use an existing, more general extension or feature to do
this?

The second question is more common, but I haven't found a
comprehensive answer:

Are there plans for a media repository for Radiant? I've seen the
Mephisto approach, which seems nice. Would it be possible to use the
same code?

Another approach would be to allow simple attachments to pages in
some way, and having access to the list of attachments as a Radiant
tag? Is there an extension that does this, or are there any plans to
create one.

I am more than willing to help out coding extensions, if you are
willing to put up with my inane questions.

And yes, I know Mephisto has all this. Maybe I'm flogging a dead
horse holding on to my choice of Radiant?

Best regards,
Martin O.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sean C. (Guest)
If all you want to do is blog and need tags, Mephisto is probably a
better
choice at the moment.  The 0.7 release (0.6  RC1 is expected this
weekend)
will include better blogging support, including wholly new commenting
and
tagging extensions.

Sean
Daniel S. (Guest)
> Another approach would be to allow simple attachments to pages in
> some way, and having access to the list of attachments as a Radiant
> tag? Is there an extension that does this, or are there any plans to
> create one.

There's currently two different implementations. My own and sean's.
Seans will give you better performance (as it hands over asset control
to the web server), whereas mine will give you better image manipulation
and a different url structure. I'm working on the performance issues in
my implementation, but it will never be as fast as sean's. It's probably
safe to say at this point that neither of the extensions is in a
finalised state, but they're both usable.

Have a look through the mailing list archives for january for more
discussion.

Dan.