Forum: Radiant CMS Re: Upgrade to Mental? Need 'how to'

Gabriel L. (Guest)
Textile and Markdown are now extensions, so you probably need to rake
db:extension:migrate

Have a look at
http://radiantcms.org/blog/2007/01/23/how-to-getting-mental/

Gabriel L.
Sean C. (Guest)
The Textile and Markdown filters don't have any database schema, so you
don't need to migrate.  Anton, could you put the errors in a pastie and
link
them? (http://pastie.caboo.se)

Sean
Anton A. (Guest)

http://pastie.caboo.se/36980

--
Plurality is never to be posited without need.
    --Occam
Gabriel L. said the following on 01/31/2007 08:53 AM:

> Have a look at http://radiantcms.org/blog/2007/01/23/how-to-getting-mental/

I hate to be picky but this doesn't address 'upgrade' so much as 'create
new'.  The 'svn co' and 'svn export' assume clean sheet.  I'd expect
something like

1. Recursively copy your old Radiant into a new directory
   (a bit more than simply backup)
2. Reset the SVN to a new repository
   sorry, I forget the command, switch or propsomethng ....
3. run 'svn up' to get the new stuff
4. do some 'rake migrates'

Unless the upgrade preserves the content of (aka value) the database
its not an update.

--
"Rather than focus on _things_ and _time-, focus on preserving and
enhancing
Anton A. (Guest)
Sean C. said the following on 01/31/2007 09:01 AM:
> The Textile and Markdown filters don't have any database schema, so you
> don't need to migrate.  Anton, could you put the errors in a pastie and
> link them? (http://pastie.caboo.se )

Indeed:

$ rake db:extension:migrate
(in /home/anton/Ruby/Mental/radiant)
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'db:extension:migrate'

More follows ....

--
Parkinson's Law:
  Never Interview Emus
Anton A. (Guest)
Sean C. said the following on 01/31/2007 09:01 AM:
> The Textile and Markdown filters don't have any database schema, so you
> don't need to migrate.  Anton, could you put the errors in a pastie and
> link them? (http://pastie.caboo.se )

This one overflowed my xterm just on displaying "/"

http://pastie.caboo.se/36989

--
Bullet proof vest vendors do not need to demonstrate that naked people
are