Forum: Ruby on Rails RJS collection proxy

Kad K. (Guest)
on 2007-01-31 12:40
I would like to update the class of all <a> tags found in a div of my
page..
I can get it all (seeing the index and value) using :

page.select("#header_domain_map a").each do |value, index|
  page << 'alert(value);'
end

but how can I set the classof all these elements to class="active"

tfyl

kad
Gregory S. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:40:06AM +0100, Kad K. wrote:
> I would like to update the class of all <a> tags found in a div of my
> page..
> I can get it all (seeing the index and value) using :
>
> page.select("#header_domain_map a").each do |value, index|
>   page << 'alert(value);'
> end
>
> but how can I set the classof all these elements to class="active"

Just because RJS can be used to generate JavaScript doesn't mean it's
the
easiest way to accomplish things in JavaScript. I assume that you are
using
Prototype since you are using RJS at all, so:

page << '$$("#header_domain_map a").each(function(a) { a.className =
"active"; });'

> tfyl
> kad
--Greg