Forum: GNU Radio Simple transmit

unknown (Guest)
I'm a new user to GNU radio and the USRP and all I want to do is simply
transmit a tone.  I tried creating my own simple example based on the
dsb_tx.py example in the usrp examples folder.  I tried using a
gr.sig_source_c as the source rather than an audio file, and connecting
that to the usrp.sink_c, and then connect the basictx daughterbaord to
an oscilloscope, but I couldn't get it to work.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Nick

> I'm a new user to GNU radio and the USRP

Welcome!

> and all I want to do is
> simply transmit a tone.  I tried creating my own simple example
> based on the dsb_tx.py example in the usrp examples folder.  I tried
> using a gr.sig_source_c as the source rather than an audio file, and
> connecting that to the usrp.sink_c, and then connect the basictx
> daughterbaord to an oscilloscope, but I couldn't get it to work.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I've removed the incorrect dbs_tx.py code so that it'll never confuse
another person ;)

The simplest tx example (which is much more complicated than you are
looking for) if fm_tx4.py.  It generates N FM modulated signals.  It
also has a dependency on some audio files which aren't supplied (yes,
this is bad).

However, it does handle all the daughterboard and mux correctly.
sig_source_c to usrp.sink_c should work fine.  Just be sure to copy
the setup code correctly.

You could also take a look at usrp_siggen.py.

Note too that the output from the Basic Tx daughteboard is very low,
about 50mV.

Eric