Forum: Ruby on Rails image source problem - help me

Vijayendra A. (Guest)
on 2007-01-29 16:41
<% @step.each do |processdef| %>
        <% processdef.step_count.times do %>
           <% end %>
           <%end%>

that background step1_white.jpg image is not displaying

images will displays only if i use this

<%= image_tag("top_band_production_uaxe.jpg" , :width=>"936" ,
:height=>"101") %>

why?

and if i want to set background image  inside <%= %> this what i have to
do
Bill W. (Guest)
Your problem is likely with MS and how IE handles (or doesn't handle)
background images, not with RoR.  The next most likely problem is that
you're using tables.  Try it in a sandbox app using <div> containers
instead
of tables.

hth,
Bill
Ro V. (Guest)
on 2007-01-29 17:32
Bill W. wrote:
> Your problem is likely with MS and how IE handles (or doesn't handle)
> background images, not with RoR.  The next most likely problem is that
> you're using tables.  Try it in a sandbox app using <div> containers
> instead
> of tables.
>
> hth,
> Bill

It doesnt work on OSX either (using safari) i had to use the
image_tag... i guess is womthing on the .rhtml file...