Forum: Ruby on Rails is it possible to check on extension and delete a file?

Ark D. (Guest)

I have been struggling to write a ruby script that can detect if a file
with a certain extension exists and to delete that file.

I have this:

require 'find'
  total_size = 0

  Find.find(ENV["HOME"]) do |path|
    if FileTest.directory?(path)
      if File.basename(path)[1] == ?.
        Find.prune       # Don't look any further into this directory.
     else
        next
      end
     else
      total_size += FileTest.size(path)
  total_size = total_size / 1024
    print "Current home directory ",total_size / 1024, " MB\n",
FileTest

it checks the home dir and reports how much space it takes but i also
want to delete certain files. Is this possible? if so, can you give me
an example so i can work it out?
Frederic O. (Guest)
on 2007-06-01 16:22
Ark De appel wrote:

> it checks the home dir and reports how much space it takes but i also
> want to delete certain files. Is this possible? if so, can you give me
> an example so i can work it out?

I was reading http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/FileUtils.html...
Did you try something like FileUtils.rm Dir.glob('*.so')?