Forum: Ruby on Rails Help, sqlite3 is failing on adding columsn to existing table

Daniel F. (Guest)
on 2007-01-27 06:35
I'm getting this error while trying to add a column to my users table in
sqlite3.

SQLite3::SQLException: near "ADD": syntax error: ALTER TABLE users ADD
"biography" varchar(255)

I'm also using 3.2.8 (just upgraded today) someone told me my previous
version didn't support this. But now with the upgrade it still doesn't?
What's going on.

Please help,
Thanks.
Mischa (Guest)
on 2007-01-27 09:27
Have a look at:

http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q13

> I'm getting this error while trying to add a column to my users table in
> sqlite3.
>
> SQLite3::SQLException: near "ADD": syntax error: ALTER TABLE users ADD
> "biography" varchar(255)
>

> I'm also using 3.2.8 (just upgraded today) someone told me my previous
> version didn't support this. But now with the upgrade it still doesn't?
> What's going on.
>
> Please help,
> Thanks.
Daniel F. (Guest)
on 2007-01-27 12:08
Mischa wrote:
> Have a look at:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q13
>

>> I'm getting this error while trying to add a column to my users table in
>> sqlite3.
>>
>> SQLite3::SQLException: near "ADD": syntax error: ALTER TABLE users ADD
>> "biography" varchar(255)
>>

>> I'm also using 3.2.8 (just upgraded today) someone told me my previous
>> version didn't support this. But now with the upgrade it still doesn't?
>> What's going on.
>>
>> Please help,
>> Thanks.

What? So how the hell does one develop with sqlite? That makes it
impossible with migrations and revisions.