Forum: Ruby on Rails [Very-OT] Which Mac to buy? iMac 20 + MacBook or MacBook Pro

unknown (Guest)
Hello folks,

I'm going to buy a new apple computer and I'm a bit uncertain about
doing it. I think as our daily tasks are almost similar you smart guys
can help me to decide about it.

Which of the following plans seems better in your opinions (for
productivity, speed, any other goods...):

1. Buying a 13 inch MacBook and a 20 inch iMac
or
2. Buying a 17 inch MacBook Pro
or
3. any other plan you suggest

Thank you all,
- Dunnil

PS. I can't pay more than 3K USD at the moment.
Chris Johnston (Guest)

> Which of the following plans seems better in your opinions (for
> productivity, speed, any other goods...):
>
> 1. Buying a 13 inch MacBook and a 20 inch iMac
> or
> 2. Buying a 17 inch MacBook Pro
> or
> 3. any other plan you suggest

If screen space is what you are worried about, but still want a
notebook.
Why not buy a 15" Macbook Pro and a 24" monitor?

Chris

--
www.fuzzylizard.com

You know you've achieved perfection in design, Not when you have nothing
more to add, But when you have nothing more to take away.
— Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Human D. (Guest)
Sorry for duplicate message, Google G. seems to be late at posting
message that you send from its interface.
lanzm (Guest)
buy the 15.4 inch MacBook Pro. The 17 inch is just too big to carry
around.
Robert H. (Guest)
I have to concur on this one--

I just switched to a MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.33Ghz w/2Gb RAM plus an
additional
24" flat panel. Lots of space when I'm working at my primary location,
and
if I have to travel I'm still using my main system. This setup cost me
just
under $3k -- $2500 for the mac from Amazon, plus $400 for the display
from
Dell, less a $150 rebate from Amazon. Granted, buying Parallels (plus a
Windows License if needed) adds costs, but I really think this is the
best
environment for programming I've ever used.

rob.
Michael S. (Guest)
W00t,

I downgraded from my MBP fully loaded to a MacBook black fully loaded.
Not
much "noticable" difference if you ask me, except for price. Yes, I know
the
benchmarks tell your differently, but I needed a poratable notebook, and
have never regretted the slight bit of performance loss.

Besides if I was going to drop $2500 on an Apple product it would be a
Mac
Pro. Wait that is what I did :) I went with the less expensive notebook
and
the high-end desktop.

*poof*

On 1/27/07, Robert H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > > Which of the following plans seems better in your opinions (for
> > > productivity, speed, any other goods...):

--
-mike
Human D. (Guest)