Forum: Ferret ferret installation woes

Jonathan Soma (Guest)
on 2007-01-26 19:58
Ferret installation fails for me (ferret: 0.10.14, ruby: 1.8.4, OS:
Fedora Core 4) in the following way:

>ruby setup.rb setup
In file included from r_qparser.c:2:
search.h:714: field `comparables' has incomplete type
make: *** [r_qparser.o] Error 1
The C extensions were not installed. But don't worry. Everything should
work fine
>ruby setup.rb install
---> ext
no ruby extention exists: 'ruby setup.rb setup' first

Any ideas? Installing via 'gem install ferret' just gives the
'comparables' error, I figured this would be more informative.
Jonathan Soma (Guest)
on 2007-01-26 20:33
Just in case someone else runs into this: what ended up working was
changing comparables[] on that line to comparables[1], and positions[]
to positions[1] in some other file.
Jens K. (Guest)
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 07:33:19PM +0100, Jonathan Soma wrote:
> Just in case someone else runs into this: what ended up working was
> changing comparables[] on that line to comparables[1], and positions[]
> to positions[1] in some other file.

strange, what kind of compiler do you have there?

Jens

--
webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH          www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer