Forum: Ruby Parse conf file for CLI tool

Moritz R. (Guest)

I'm pretty new to ruby and want to program some some linux shell tools
in ruby as exercise. For these tools I want to be able to specify
options as parameters on the command line or in a config file.
I already discovered OptionParser to parse the command line options.

Can someone give me suggestions which classes to look at to simplify the
task of parsing a configuration file for options?

Regards,
mo
unknown (Guest)
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Moritz R. wrote:

> Regards,
> mo

   harp:~ > cat a.rb
   #! /usr/bin/env ruby
   require 'yaml'

   config = 'config.yml'
   options = YAML.load(IO.read(config))
   y options

   harp:~ > cat config.yml
   ---
   key : value
   a : b

   harp:~ > ruby a.rb
   a: b
   key: value

-a
Moritz R. (Guest)
on 2007-01-28 17:43
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!